Sunday, January 1, 2012

Issues, Part 1: Introduction

I posted this as my status on Facebook, which I here modified by adding the word "hostile": "As long as hostile foreign powers...":


For the record, I am not a conservative. I sympathize with ideology commonly described as "conservative", but I do not seek to "conserve" today's America; I seek to restore America to its path toward the ideals upons which this country was founded. In this respect, I am a radical and an extremist. I have absolutely no intention of negotiating with those who seek to destroy this country. Foreign powers that try to destroy this country need to be dealt with via the full range of options available to America. The goal should be their unconditional surrender. Domestic enemies who violate Constitutional laws need to be prosecuted to fullest extent of the law. As long as hostile foreign powers are not actually working to destroy America, and as long as domestic enemies exercise their Constitutional rights within the bounds of the law, then I seek to take peaceful, lawful political action against them, but I am not looking to reach across the aisle to any of these people.

This post prompted a discussion with one of my friends regarding what part of the conservative agenda I do not agree with. I asked him to be more specific in what he was asking about. He responded that he wanted to know about immigration.


Immigration cannot be viewed alone, as it is part of a larger picture, overlapping with other issues. Additionally, in my interactions at Facebook and in my posts here at the blog, I often point out problems, but seldom suggest solutions. Consequently, in this series, I am providing my own views regarding issues facing this country during this Presidential election year. First I will address those issues that provide necessary background, beginning with philosophy regarding the size and scope of federal government, and continuing with the economy. Then, I will address immigration and border security, and transition to other issues of importance.

No comments:

Post a Comment